I RISE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works to bring homeless individuals to a level of self-sufficiency in terms of living situation, income, health, mental image and future goals. This task is accomplished via implementation of specific, driven committee groups that are each aimed at tackling the designated areas of self-improvement for said homeless candidate.
Furthermore, we actively work to cultivate a new generation of Millennials that are sensitive to the humanitarian problems that exist in the world today. Not only do we encourage and support members of I RISE to find humanitarian issues they are passionate about, we help them pursue solutions and create communities that are focused on providing relief to said problems, now, despite the tenure of one's own life.
Our goal is to become a national model for how to end homelessness. We plan to expand to the Washington D.C. metro area and Maryland by the end of 2016.
What We've Achieved
- Contracted partners with Hostelling International (c) Richmond.
- Recipients of Walmart community grant.
- Partners with Hair Cuttery (c).
- Partners with The Daily Planet.
- Partners with Emerging Healthcare Leaders.
- Over 100 active members participating in community service projects aimed at low income / homelessness relief.